[Infographic] – Strategies for Shared Reading with your child
What are some of the activities that we can do with our child using Avaz?
This is one of the frequently asked questions from parents that we meet. And our favourite suggestion is reading a story along with the AAC system that the child enjoys! Using a simple strategy called RAAP – Read, Ask, Answer and Prompt, parents can really work on the child’s communication skills too.
Leave us a comment below if you have a different strategy (or activity) that you would love to share with parents!
(The inspiration for the infographic is this blog post from PrAACtical AAC. )
Download the high resolution version by clicking here.
Subscribe to the Avaz Newsletter
Join 4000+ fellow readers! Get latest articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below:
- AAC and Smart Assistants: A Productive Partnership
- AAC Apps for Adults with Acquired Communication Disorders
- High Tech and Low Tech AAC: How to Effectively use both
- What is AAC(Augmentative and Alternative Communication)? : A Detailed View
- 5 Creative Ways of Using an AAC Device
- AAC & Angelman Syndrome – A Testimonial from a Parent
- How to use Expansion and Extension strategies for building language
- Understanding different aspects of pragmatics for effective communication
- Celebrate Christmas with Avaz