[Infographic] – Strategies for Shared Reading with your child
What are some of the activities that we can do with our child using Avaz?
This is one of the frequently asked questions from parents that we meet. And our favourite suggestion is reading a story along with the AAC system that the child enjoys! Using a simple strategy called RAAP – Read, Ask, Answer and Prompt, parents can really work on the child’s communication skills too.
Leave us a comment below if you have a different strategy (or activity) that you would love to share with parents!
(The inspiration for the infographic is this blog post from PrAACtical AAC. )
Download the high resolution version by clicking here.
Subscribe to the Avaz Newsletter
Join 4000+ fellow readers! Get latest articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below:
- Building Literacy: Teaching Grammar to AAC Users
- Expansion of Language: Supporting AAC Learner’s Progress
- Avaz User Stories and Videos
- Avaz Joyful Reading: Resources for Shared Reading
- AAC Resources: Games, Activities and Communication Opportunities
- Avaz AAC User Stories: Why Nishant and his AAC System are Inseparable
- Downloadable Low Tech Communication Boards
- Get the Better of Reading Difficulties with MDA Avaz Reader
- AAC Apps for Adults with Acquired Communication Disorders
- Teletherapy: A smart way to facilitate remote speech therapy for adults and children