Downloadable Low Tech Communication Boards
Communication boards are an excellent resource to facilitate communication for people with speech and language deficits. Children and adults who have complex communication needs can use these boards to express their wants and needs. It can be used to augment communication in case the user has partial speech or as an alternative mode of communication for those who are non-verbal.
Why use Low Tech AAC Boards?
People with communication challenges due to Autism, Apraxia, stroke, can use AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) boards to communicate to their loved ones and during social interactions. Even AAC users who use robust high tech AAC systems can use low tech boards in physical environments where high tech AAC use may not be feasible.
For a child getting started with AAC, low tech boards can be used to build language as they develop their communication skills. While the boards have their limitations in their range of vocabulary, their low cost and ease-of-use make them handy tools for communication. They can also be easily carried everywhere providing the user access to communication at all times.
Here are a few downloadable low tech boards of Avaz AAC app. Please note that these boards have a grid size of 40. If you want other grid sizes, you can download them as PDF from Avaz AAC app.
- Avaz AAC Core Board File size:659 KB
- Avaz AAC Core Vocabulary(More Core Words) File size:1060 KB
- Avaz AAC Feelings File size:1370 KB
- Avaz AAC Questions File size:1240 KB
Download a free trial version of Avaz Francais here.
Avaz Francais (French)
- Avaz en Français Mots de Base File size:1277 KB
- Avaz en Français Questions File size:339 KB
- Avaz en Francais réponses et commentaires File size:1180 KB
- Avaz en Francais Rapide File size:3540 KB
Download a free trial version of Avaz India here
- Avaz India_Core File size: 417 KB
- Avaz India_Breakfast File size:356 KB
- Avaz India_Lunch/Dinner File size:1550 KB
Download a free trial version of Avaz Danish here
- Centrale Ord Avaz bog File size:340 KB
- mine følelser Avaz bog File size:237 KB
- frokost Avaz bog File size:303 KB
- morgenmad Avaz bog File size:453 KB
- aftensmad Avaz bog File size:371 KB
Hope you use these communication boards in your AAC journey. If you have any ideas for DIY communication boards, please share them in the comment section below.
Subscribe to the Avaz Newsletter
Join 4000+ fellow readers! Get latest articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below:
- Downloadable Low Tech Communication Boards
- Revisiting Most Loved Avaz Features: Phonetic Match to Support Unrestricted Communication
- How to Develop Emotional Competence of an AAC User
- Tips for Shared Reading with an AAC System
- AAC and Smart Assistants: A Productive Partnership
- AAC Apps for Adults with Acquired Communication Disorders
- Teletherapy: A smart way to facilitate remote speech therapy for adults and children
- High Tech and Low Tech AAC: How to Effectively use both
- What is AAC(Augmentative and Alternative Communication)? : A Detailed View
- 5 Creative Ways of Using an AAC Device