Play ‘Who’s the Boss?’ with AAC
No, this is not a new game we’ve invented. It’s just a more fun name for the old favorite Simon Says! Who wouldn’t love to be the boss and order others around? It’s loads of fun for kids and the bonus is that this encourages AAC use. Because which kid would want to miss out on an opportunity to turn the tables and dictate what parents do.
How to Play:
When the player prefaces a command with “Simon says’ (or ‘The Boss says’ 😎), others simply have to follow the command. Get creative with commands and you’ll have the whole family roaring with laughter during the game. Some examples of commands are: Make a silly face, bark like a dog, mimic a cat, do a crazy dance, sing a gibberish song, etc. Create a folder in your AAC system and add several phrases with audio for the commands.
Remember if the player communicates a command without saying ‘Simon says’ and you go on to follow the command, you are out of the game. So, keep your ears open for this one.
Did you like this game? Please share screenshots or videos of how you played this game with friends and family. You can post them in the comment section below or send them to email@example.com
Subscribe to the Avaz Newsletter
Join 4000+ fellow readers! Get latest articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below:
- Downloadable Low Tech Communication Boards
- Revisiting Most Loved Avaz Features: Phonetic Match to Support Unrestricted Communication
- How to Develop Emotional Competence of an AAC User
- Tips for Shared Reading with an AAC System
- AAC and Smart Assistants: A Productive Partnership
- AAC Apps for Adults with Acquired Communication Disorders
- Teletherapy: A smart way to facilitate remote speech therapy for adults and children
- High Tech and Low Tech AAC: How to Effectively use both
- What is AAC(Augmentative and Alternative Communication)? : A Detailed View
- 5 Creative Ways of Using an AAC Device