Memory Game with AAC
How to play:
Keep a few items covered on a tray such as ball, pen, ruler, book, etc. Reveal the items for a few minutes so that all players can take a look at them. Cover the tray again with a cloth. All players write down the list of items from their memory. The player who gets the most number of items right wins🏆. The number of items and the time given to memorize them can be increased as the players get more adept at this.
For beginning AAC communicators, you can create a memory game folder and add the names of all the items on the tray. The trick is to mix it up with items that are not on the tray. (This is pretty easy with Avaz AAC because you can add multiple words at one go). They then tap on the items they remember from the tray.
For more advanced AAC users you can have them navigate the app and tap out the names of items they remember!
Did you like this game? Please share screenshots or videos of how you played this game with friends and family. You can post them in the comment section below or send them to email@example.com
Subscribe to the Avaz Newsletter
Join 4000+ fellow readers! Get latest articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below:
- Building Literacy: Teaching Grammar to AAC Users
- Expansion of Language: Supporting AAC Learner’s Progress
- Avaz User Stories and Videos
- Avaz Joyful Reading: Resources for Shared Reading
- AAC Resources: Games, Activities and Communication Opportunities
- Avaz AAC User Stories: Why Nishant and his AAC System are Inseparable
- Downloadable Low Tech Communication Boards
- Get the Better of Reading Difficulties with MDA Avaz Reader
- AAC Apps for Adults with Acquired Communication Disorders
- Teletherapy: A smart way to facilitate remote speech therapy for adults and children