Why pictures work better than words for children with special needs?
This week, Avaz is launching its World Through Their Eyes initiative on creating more awareness about viewing the world from the perspective of people with special needs.
We are kick-starting this initiative with this infographic on why pictures communicate better than words with some who face challenges with words. This infographic explains how words and images are processed differently with people facing challenges with words.
Hope you find it useful and share it with others who might find it useful. Leave us a comment below if you would like to be a part of this initiative.
Subscribe to the Avaz Newsletter
Join 4000+ fellow readers! Get latest articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below:
- Building Literacy: Teaching Grammar to AAC Users
- Expansion of Language: Supporting AAC Learner’s Progress
- Avaz User Stories and Videos
- Avaz Joyful Reading: Resources for Shared Reading
- AAC Resources: Games, Activities and Communication Opportunities
- Avaz AAC User Stories: Why Nishant and his AAC System are Inseparable
- Downloadable Low Tech Communication Boards
- Get the Better of Reading Difficulties with MDA Avaz Reader
- AAC Apps for Adults with Acquired Communication Disorders
- Teletherapy: A smart way to facilitate remote speech therapy for adults and children