Language Builder Resources: Play, Learn, Communicate!
AAC is primarily for communication. But it’s important that we focus on developing literacy skills of the communicators too. Once communicators get familiar with their AAC systems, they need to learn how to build vocabulary, utter grammatically correct sentences, and use language for various communicative purposes.
Children learn better when it’s more fun. We’ve put language builder bundles with Vocab storybooks so that you can help communicators acquire language and literacy skills while reading playing. Click on the icons below to download the bundles.
Communicative Functions: Commenting
Communicative Functions: Answering Questions
Subscribe to the Avaz Newsletter
Join 4000+ fellow readers! Get latest articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below:
- Building Literacy: Teaching Grammar to AAC Users
- Expansion of Language: Supporting AAC Learner’s Progress
- Avaz User Stories and Videos
- Avaz Joyful Reading: Resources for Shared Reading
- AAC Resources: Games, Activities and Communication Opportunities
- Avaz AAC User Stories: Why Nishant and his AAC System are Inseparable
- Downloadable Low Tech Communication Boards
- Get the Better of Reading Difficulties with MDA Avaz Reader
- AAC Apps for Adults with Acquired Communication Disorders
- Teletherapy: A smart way to facilitate remote speech therapy for adults and children