Let the Games Begin – AAC Games the Whole Family can Play
So, schools are closed and we are home religiously following WHO guidelines for social distancing. News updates paint a bleak picture. While it’s important to stay aware, we cannot let the crisis consume our minds. So, let’s consider this challenge an opportunity in disguise- an opportunity to spend some quality family time, to build communication and strengthen family bonds.
Connecting with others during these trying times can keep our anxieties at bay. Some of these games can be played with other AAC users over social media. So, families with AAC users can get together and plan for some organized AAC fun.
Ditch the TV and movies, folks. It’s time for games. Fun games that AAC users can play with their families 👨👩👦👦. Click on the images below to see how to play these awesome games:
WHO’S THE BOSS
With young kids missing school and therapy sessions, exciting games like these can fill their days with fun and joy. It will also enable them to keep in touch with their AAC learning and continue the progress they have made with it at therapy. It can also help in shifting the focus away from the glumness around us and make time for self-care and family well being.
Did you like these games? Please share screenshots or videos of how you played the games with friends and family. You can post them in the comment section below or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to the Avaz Newsletter
Join 4000+ fellow readers! Get latest articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below:
- Downloadable Low Tech Communication Boards
- Revisiting Most Loved Avaz Features: Phonetic Match to Support Unrestricted Communication
- How to Develop Emotional Competence of an AAC User
- Tips for Shared Reading with an AAC System
- AAC and Smart Assistants: A Productive Partnership
- AAC Apps for Adults with Acquired Communication Disorders
- Teletherapy: A smart way to facilitate remote speech therapy for adults and children
- High Tech and Low Tech AAC: How to Effectively use both
- What is AAC(Augmentative and Alternative Communication)? : A Detailed View
- 5 Creative Ways of Using an AAC Device