Celebrate Christmas with Avaz
It’s finally our most favourite time of year! Christmas is all about love, family and memories. People are nicer to one another. More people smile.There’s a magic in the air. And to make the moments you share with your child extra special, we recommend that you use the Christmas vocabulary sets in your Avaz app. (Navigate to : Advanced→my topics→special days and events→Christmas)
Worry not! We’ve done the work for you. Here are some sample sentences you can create with the vocabulary set:
Subscribe to the Avaz Newsletter
Join 4000+ fellow readers! Get latest articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below:
Come December and the season turns magical. Not for all however. Children and adults on the Autism spectrum can have a tough time coping with all the intense stimuli this season exhibits – loud music, flashing lights, trees with shiny decorations everywhere and strange men in red suits. We know it can be difficult. Which is why we’ve put together some handy tips to see you through this holiday season.
- On Christmas day, have a quiet room where your child can go to if they are feeling overwhelmed.
- Allow your child to choose the decorations for the house and decorate the house with them.
- Allow your child to choose what food will be served for Christmas dinner.
- Reflect on your Christmas traditions & your child’s sensory profile and see how they mix.
- Do a visual schedule or social story for each day that something is happening.
We wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New year from everyone at Avaz!!
- Downloadable Low Tech Communication Boards
- Revisiting Most Loved Avaz Features: Phonetic Match to Support Unrestricted Communication
- How to Develop Emotional Competence of an AAC User
- Tips for Shared Reading with an AAC System
- AAC and Smart Assistants: A Productive Partnership
- AAC Apps for Adults with Acquired Communication Disorders
- Teletherapy: A smart way to facilitate remote speech therapy for adults and children
- High Tech and Low Tech AAC: How to Effectively use both
- What is AAC(Augmentative and Alternative Communication)? : A Detailed View
- 5 Creative Ways of Using an AAC Device